Real Estate—Bargain Sale
How It Works
- You sell property to IU Health Foundation for less than its fair-market value—usually what you paid for it
- IU Health Foundation pays you cash for agreed sale price, and you receive an income-tax deduction
- IU Health Foundation may use or sell the property
- You receive cash from sale of property (sale price is often the original cost basis)
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the difference between the sale price and the fair-market value of the property
- IU Health Foundation receives a valuable piece of property that we may sell or use to further our mission
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Marya E. Jones, J.D.
1633 N. Capitol Avenue, Suite 1200